11u Vipers are Going to Pigeon Forge!
We are going to Pigeon Forge in Summer 2016. Follow our trek on this website! We cannot wait for the beauty of baseball in the mountains!
We Won! We are going to the Cal Ripken Experience in Pigeon Forge!
Ellen Hutson (aka OnionMary) won, and the 11u Vipers are going to Pigeon Forge!
Thanks to Youth Baseball Talk and the Cal Ripken Experience in Pigeon Forge for sponsoring such an awesome social media contest. During the month of February 2016, teams all over the country competed via sharing the great content from Youth Baseball Talk on Twitter and Facebook. Ellen consistently participated and her number was drawn! And she picked our team!
So What? What's the Big Deal?
Really? Are you crazy? The BRAND new facility in Pigeon Forge is first class, just like everything Cal Ripken does. And nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains Pigeon Forge area, there will be NO shortage of things to do.
What makes this so awesome?
- 5 Game Minimum. All games on full synthetic turf, lights on every field, lighted practice areas and batting cages.
- We will compete against FOURTEEN teams from ELEVEN different states (Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania)! Meet The Competition
- NO gate fees. NO parking fees. Game balls and top notch umpires included.
- Opening ceremonies, individual and team skills competitions.
- Based on current plans, Cal Ripken himself will be present during our week!
- Each player and coach receives a gift bag of premium swag.
- Each family receive 1 ticket good for 2 days at Dollywood and Dollywood Splash Country.
- SIX fields that have replica features from well known professional ballparks: Camden Yards (Baltimore), Isotopes Park (Albuquerque, NM), Fluor Field (Greenville, SC), Winstem-Salem Ballpark (Winston-Salem, NC), Calfee Park (Pulaski, VA), and Engel Stadium (Chattanooga, TN).
- Click here for the Welcome Packet to Cal Ripken Experience Pigeon Forge
Is there anything else to do in Pigeon Forge?
- Approximately 52,000 go kart tracks and min-golf locations (slight sarcasm on the count)
- Dollywood Water Park
- The Coaster at Goats on the Roof
- Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster
- Smoky Mountain Ziplines
- Wonder Works (Upside Down Building, Amusement Park for the Mind)
- Titanic Museum
- Hollywood Wax Museum
- Take in a Tennesee Smokies game (AA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs)
- If you like Theatrical Performances, CLICK HERE
- If you like Dinner Theatre, CLICK HERE
Happy planning, and we will see you at the Cal Ripken Experience in Pigeon Forge!